1 / 1 Picture by: Rock_Lobster
Roast Pork Chops with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 450g plum tomatoes, quartered
- 450g button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chillies
- 1kg pork chops
Prep:25min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat an oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- In a 23x33cm or similar sized baking dish, toss tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. Mix lightly with hands to coat all ingredients with oil and spread the tomato-mushroom mixture to the edges of the dish, leaving the centre free for the pork chops.
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cumin, ground coriander, oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, basil, garlic granules, onion powder, ground paprika, sugar and crushed chillies in a bowl to make a spice rub.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the spice rub, working the rub well into both sides of the meat. Place pork chops in the centre of the baking dish, surrounded by the tomato and mushroom mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until the pork is no longer pink in the centre and mushrooms are tender, about 45 to 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of a chop should read 70 degrees C. Transfer pork chops to a serving dish and top with roasted tomato-mushroom mixture and all pan juices to serve.
Dried onion powder
Can be found in some supermarkets or online. If unavailable, feel free to omit.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!