1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes Photos
Chicken with Vodka Sauce
- 45g butter
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 30g butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 175ml chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 350ml soured cream
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
Prep:15min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Melt 45g of butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the centre, about 10 minutes; place into a 23x33cm or similar sized baking dish and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining butter in the pan. Stir in the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the onion starts to soften. Stir in the flour and continue cooking 5 minutes more. Add the vodka and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the tomato puree, chicken stock, salt, pepper, parsley, soured cream and Feta cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 to 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken breasts; bake in preheated oven until the top has browned, about 20 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!