1 / 1 Picture by: karenury
Roast Fillet of Beef Stuffed with Lobster
- 3 whole lobster tails
- 1 (2kg) beef fillet (tenderloin) roast
- 250g (9 oz) butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dessertspoon lemon juice
- 1 bottle white wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lobster tails, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from water, rinse and remove shells. Cut tail meat in half lengthwise. Cut roast lengthwise, to within a thumb's width of the bottom. Fill centre of meat with lobster tails.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with garlic, then adding the lemon juice and 250ml of the wine. Drizzle about 1/4 of the butter mixture over the lobster. Tie the tenderloin with kitchen string. Rub the outside of the roast with olive oil and place in a roasting tray. Pour remaining wine in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cracked black peppercorns.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir salt into remaining butter mixture, and serve drizzled over slices of roast.
Beef fillet, or tenderloin, roast is cylindrical in shape and is the most tender cut of beef. Look for a roast that’s firm to the touch and has a clear, red colour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!