1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 2 litres
- 1 chicken carcass
- 65g galangal, sliced thinly
- 2 kaffir lime leaves or to taste
- 2 stalks lemon grass, crushed
- 2 chopped Thai chillies or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2.5 litres water
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr45min › Ready in:2hr
- Place the chicken carcass into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the carcass under running water. Return the carcass to the pot along with the galangal, lime leaves, lemon grass, chillies, garlic and shallot. Pour in 2.5 litres of water.
- Return to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, skimming the foam and fat often. Pour through cheesecloth before using.
Galangal, kaffir lime leaves and Thai chillies can be found in Chinese/Oriental grocery stores.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!