- 285ml (10 fl oz) dark beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 540g (1 lb 3 oz) bread flour
- 7g (1/4 oz) dried active baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Open beer and allow to reach room temperature and go flat. This will take approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine flat beer, butter, cinnamon, salt and honey in the pan of bread machine. Add flour and yeast being careful that the yeast does not touch the liquid. Select Dough setting, and Start.
- After the dough has risen, remove the dough from the pan. Form into a long loaf; cut to form rolls. Place on a floured baking tray, cover, and allow to rise for approximately 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Brush top of rolls with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Altered ingredient amounts. This recipe was just what I have been looking for. Turned out great. I just didn't put in the cinnamon. I will make these agian. - 14 Jul 2008
I made these for Thanksgiving, I found them to be super easy. Using the bread machine cut a lot of time off of it too. My family really enjoyed them, but said I should make them smaller next time. - 14 Jul 2008
I made these rolls for my family of four...2 being the pickiest eaters in the world...and they were gone before dinner was finished! Great recipe that I will definitely be using quite often! - 14 Jul 2008