Beetroot, Green Bean and Apple Salad
- 225g (8 oz) jarred sliced beetroot, drained and diced
- 1 (400g) tin cut green beans, drained
- 1 large Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Prep:5min › Ready in:5min
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Serve cold.
Want a fresher version of this salad? Buy fresh beetroot and green beans and boil or steam until tender. Allow to cool, then cut into small pieces and combine with the remaining ingredients before chilling for 1 hour.
Unique and a good way to use up the jar of beetroot you bought on a whim. Although it was good, I think that something seemed missing. Green bean salads often have diced onion and a bit of sugar--maybe that's it? (I'd test the theory but my husband liked it fine as is, so it's almost gone.) - 11 Aug 2008