Makes: 8 pieces fried chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground French thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground Jamaican ginger
- 8 portions chicken (legs or wings, etc.)
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min
- Mix all of the seasoning ingredients together in a bowl (minus the chicken and egg).
- Take the pieces of chicken and dip in a slightly beaten egg. Roll the chicken in the mixed spices. Fry the coated chicken in oil.
- Place the fried chicken on a baking tray and bake for about 45 mins at 180 C / Gas 4.
Looove this recipe! It's so tasty and does actually taste almost like KFC chicken. It was instantly a big hit with my family - 30 Jun 2011
i love this recipe and i love to make this recipe - 27 May 2011
Instead of frying it first, we added oil to the roasting pan and heated that while we coated the chicken. If you make sure to turn the chicken a couple of times during cooking and/or baste it, it works perfectly well. Everyone in the house enjoyed this recipe. Thanks! - 13 Jul 2012