Easy chilli con carne
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons gravy powder
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 packet of frozen mixed peppers
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Chop the onion and garlic, and add to the pan with the mince, fry until browned. (I do no add oil to the pan as I feel the beef mince gives off enough of its own juices.)
- Drain off the kidney beans, wash and add to the pan. Add the frozen mixed peppers and chopped tomatoes. Add the chilli, depending on how hot you like it, 1, 2 or 3 tablespoons. Add the cumin.
- Let the chilli simmer then add gravy powder to the mixture to thicken.
This can be frozen easily. For a vegetarian meal the beef mince can easily be substituted with quorn mince.
. Me and my husband loved this - possibly the best chili I've ever made! - 04 Jul 2011
Very simple and flavoursome I used a little more cumin and mushrooms instead of peppers (what the cupboard allowed). Wil definitely use this recipe again - 19 Apr 2010
absolutely delicious. I'm not surprised this is popular at your pub. Thanks for posting this recipe I will definitly be doing this again. - 11 Nov 2010