6 people made this
About this recipe:
This vegan recipe tastes as good as it looks. Using fresh ingredients, full of vitamins and minerals.
1 Butternut Squash
2 Medium potatoes
1 Sweet Red pepper
4 Table spoons Olive oil
1 tsp Chopped fresh chives
1 tsp Chopped fresh mint
1/2 Lemon (juice)
1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
1/2 tsp Peri Peri sauce
1/2 Mustard seeds
1 Bay leave
- Cut butternut into half and scoop out content.
- Chop butternut flesh removed, potatoes and carrots into cubes and put in baking tray.
- De-seed and chop peppers into squares and add to baking tray with garlic quarters. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add caraway seeds, bay leaf, mustard seeds, piri piri sauce,
lemon juice and 2 table spoons of olive oil.
- Put in pre heated oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil over butternut shells and place in the oven in
a separate tray.
- Half way through cooking add chopped mint and chives over
vegetables, mix gently before putting back in the oven.
- Once baked, fill butternut shells with vegetable mix and serve hot.
See it on my blog
Check out recipe on simple vegetarian recipes
Really tasty! I used sweet potato instead of normal potato and it worked really well. One i will be cooking again soon!
- 22 Oct 2010
Great flavour and excellent nutrional value
- 18 Feb 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate