Pork and apple casserole
- 4 pork chops (can be cubed or keep as chops)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 450g (1 lb) eating apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 300ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to season
- pinch of dried sage
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- fresh parsley, chopped
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr50min
- In an oiled frying pan, brown the chops, transfer the meat into a casserole dish, add the apple. Fry the onions for 2-3 minutes and add to the pork and apple.
- Sprinkle the flour on the pan juices and fry for 1 minute. Pour in your stock and cook until the liquid thickens. Pour the sauce over the contents of casserole and add the sage, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cover and cook until the meat is tender. Just before serving stir in the cream and garnish with fresh parsley.
This was delicious, however 1/2 pint of stock was way too little for 2 tablespoons of flour. I ended up adding 2 pints of stock and still had a good coating type sauce at the finish. Next time I make this I will use half stock and half cider. - 09 Jan 2011
very easy to make, nice change having pears instead of apples with pork - 16 Oct 2010