1 / 1 Picture by:
- 220g wholemeal pastry flour
- 4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 180ml buttermilk
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 large pears (peeled, cored and sliced)
Prep:15min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Put a circle of baking parchment in the bottom of a 25cm (10 in) cake tin and lightly oil the parchment and the inside of the tin.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly until blended.
- Line the bottom of the tin with the sliced pears in a circular design and pour the mixture on top of the pears. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Place on a rack and let it cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of tin to loosen it and gently turn it out. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!