3 people made this
About this recipe:
A lovely warming spring nettle soup
1/2 bag young nettle tops and leaves
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 litre chicken stock
1 pinch nutmeg
- Firstly wash the nettles and drain thoroughly.
- Next soften the onion and garlic in a little bit of oil or butter, until translucent.
- Once nice and soft add the stock and the nettles, now bring to the boil, cover and simmer for roughly 12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Now process until very smooth, and add back to the saucepan and bring to the boil and reduce if you like your soup thicker, or add more stock if you like your soup looser.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste and add the nutmeg if you like.
See it on my blog
Check out my recipe at www.andyskitchen.co.uk
Write a review
Click on stars to rate