Blue Cheese Dip
- 225g (8 oz) bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 (200g) packets cream cheese, softened
- 110g (4 oz) blue cheese (Danish blue, Gorgonzola, or Stilton), crumbled
- 30g (1 oz) chopped walnuts or pecans to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until it is almost done. Stir garlic into the frying pan. Remove bacon from frying pan and drain excess fat. When cool, dice bacon into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix bacon with cream cheese and blue cheese. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle nuts over the dip.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Made it vegetarian. Omit the bacon and its just as tasty in my opinion, a nice alternative to hummus =] Thank you x - 01 Apr 2009
Made it vegetarian. No Bacon but added some hot sauce just a couple of drops. - 17 Jan 2011
This dip was different and enjoyed by all. I decided to use the bacon in it, which gave it a nice flavour and served it warm with celery sticks. It is a spin on a traditional dip and was a good conversation starter...!! - 27 Dec 2009