1 / 1 Picture by: Dianne
Beetroot and goat cheese salad
- 4 medium beetroots - scrubbed, trimmed and cut in half
- 5 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 300g mixed salad greens
- 125ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g goat cheese
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Place beetroot into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.
- While the beetroot is cooking, place the walnuts in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Place a large helping of salad greens onto each of four salad plates, divide walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beetroot over the greens and top with knobs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.
You could also try using honey instead of maple syrup to sweeten the walnuts in this recipe.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!