1 / 1 Picture by: Soup Loving Nicole
- 1 (1.75kg) whole duck, dressed, innards reserved
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 3 (5g) sachets sazon seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 175g uncooked long grain and wild rice mix
- 40g seasoned croutons
Prep:35min › Cook:3hr55min › Ready in:4hr30min
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas 8.
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting tin. Rub the crushed garlic and pepper under the skin of the duck. Rub the skin with 1 sachet sazon seasoning.
- Roast 3 hours in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 80 degrees C.
- Place the reserved duck innards and 1 sachet sazon seasoning in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, until tender.
- Place the rice mix in a medium saucepan with just enough water to cover. Mix in the oil and 1 sachet sazon seasoning. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked innards, cooked rice and croutons. Stuff the cooked duck with the mixture to serve.
Sazón seasoning can be found online or in some Caribbean or specialty shops. A well known brand is Goya.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!