1 / 1 Picture by: Freedao
Chicken Arroz Caldo (Filipino Chicken Rice Porridge)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (5cm) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1kg chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce for sprinkling, if desired
- 1.25L chicken stock
- 185g glutinous rice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, garlic and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken wings; cook and stir together for 1 minute. Stir the fish sauce into the pot, cover, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot. Add the rice and stir. Bring the mixture to the boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to assure the rice is not sticking to the bottom of the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the spring onion, and serve with lemon slices and additional fish sauce, if desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!