Broccoli with lemon almond butter
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 60g (2 oz) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 30g (1 oz) slivered or flaked almonds
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, approximately 4 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, zest and almonds. Toss with hot broccoli, and serve.
Altered ingredient amounts. I made this to accompany steaks. Like others suggested, I toasted the almonds and used less lemon (no zest but I squeezed half a lemon). The end result was phenomenal. The almonds gave the broccoli a woodsy flavour and a nice crunch. Thank you! - 24 Jul 2008
Yummy, but a little too lemony as other have said. I would definitely make it again though, with less lemon! - 27 Nov 2010
This was a lovely way of cooking broccoli, a veg I rather like anyway. - 30 Mar 2012