Cajun devilled eggs
Serves : 12
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set aside egg whites. Mashing with a fork, mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper with the egg yolks.
- Fill the hollowed egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, adjusting the amount to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
I love deviled eggs! This is an American tradition and we have it every Easter time. Thank you for sharing this recipe. - 21 Oct 2008
I sho love me some deviled eggs! Thank you kindly for sharin' this recipe. - 13 Aug 2011