1 / 1 Picture by: Pam G
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (400g) tins whole plum tomatoes
- 80g tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 475ml water
- 1 (1.3kg) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 185g uncooked white rice
- 3 carrots, diced
- 225g fresh fine green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Pour oil into large saucepan. Cook onion in oil over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Stir in plum tomatoes and tomato puree, and season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, red chilli flakes, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary. Cover, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, stir in water, and add chicken pieces. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice, carrots and green beans, and season with nutmeg. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer until the chicken is fork-tender and the rice is cooked, 25 to 30 minutes.
enjoyed but wasn't like the jollof rice i'm used to, but kids loved it! - 05 Nov 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!