Jamaican BBQ chicken
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced green chilli
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Combine spring onions, orange juice, ginger, chilli, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, allspice, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken, and marinate for 8 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat. Cook chicken until juices run clear, and drizzle with leftover marinade that has been boiled for 2 to 3 minutes.
Allow chicken to marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
OMG my husband and I totally loved this chicken!!! Lovely and spicy thanks for uploading this recipe!!! - 20 Aug 2011
Made it healthier. I used chicken breast and cut the fat from 57.2g to virtually none. - 09 Jun 2010
This is just the best chicken recipe I have tried! Yum,Yum,Yum,Yummmmmmmm,YUM. Watch the chilli though,as you can add as much or as little as you like. - 18 Jul 2008