Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (200g) packet cream cheese, softened
- 60g (2 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep:25min › Cook:30min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Clean mushrooms with a piece of damp kitchen roll. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the frying pan. Sauté until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
today will be the second time in a week for these mushrooms.Need I say anymore - 14 Apr 2012
i thought this was going to be very nice but it was just too sickly for me - 07 Jan 2011
Easy to make and absolutely delicious. - 08 Dec 2012