1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Chicken and Artichokes with Orecchiette
Serves : 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (70g) packet sliced pancetta, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chillies, such as Schwartz
- 120ml (4 fl oz) dry white wine
- 200g (7 oz) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (390g) tin artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 150g (5 oz) spinach
- 500g (1 lb) orecchiette pasta, or any other small to medium sized pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in pancetta, and cook until browned. Remove pancetta to a piece a kitchen roll and set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into frying pan. Stir in onion, garlic and dried crushed chillies. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Increase heat to medium-high, pour in white wine; cook about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in chicken, artichoke hearts and spinach. Cover, and cook to warm through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, and stir into chicken mixture. Finish by stirring pine nuts and balsamic vinegar into pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!