1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Chicken and Couscous Salad
- 175g (6 oz) couscous
- 1 (500g) container chicken stock
- 120ml (4 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 450g (16 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 1 green pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into large pieces
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 30g (1 oz) pitted black olives
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, using chicken stock for liquid. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan combine the wine, oil, half the lime juice, 1 teaspoon cumin and garlic; mix all together and add chicken. Simmer over low heat until all liquid has evaporated and chicken juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from frying pan and mix in a large bowl with remaining lime juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, spring onion and couscous. Garnish with a few black olives per serving.
Tried it and it was delicious - 14 Jul 2011
liked this as a light lunch, quicker to prepare than stated! - 04 Feb 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!