Best Ever Tiramisu
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 450g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350ml strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 30 sponge fingers
- 225g dark chocolate, grated or finely chopped
Prep:20min › Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr20min
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with electric mixer until light yellow, about 1 minute. Beat in mascarpone, brandy and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Dip sponge fingers, one at a time, in cooled coffee and arrange them in a ceramic (32cm) dish. Use half the sponge fingers to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over them and sprinkle some grated chocolate on top. Repeat with remaining sponge fingers and marscapone mixture.
- Cover tightly with cling film, chill for 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle remaining grated chocolate on top before serving.
This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
it was/easy to make, used maderia cake instead of sponge fingers (due to them being unavailable ) and using a spot of brandy instead worked well. It was. A very light dessert too. Hubby loved it - 09 Feb 2012