1 / 1 Picture by: Ita
Tomato, cauliflower and lentil curry
Ita County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, or more to taste
- 12 cherry tomatoes, or 2 whole tomatoes chopped
- 60g red lentils
- 120ml water
- salt to taste
- 1 cauliflower, broken up into large florets
- fresh spinach leaves
- fresh coriander, to serve
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- In a large frying pan or saucepan, heat oil and gently fry onions, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Stir in spices and heat through gently. Add tomatoes, lentils and water; season with salt, stir well, and simmer for 30 minutes or so, or until the lentils are nearly cooked.
- Stir in cauliflower florets and spinach leaves; cover for another 10- 15 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander.
Used different ingredients. Used Garam Masala instead of curry powder - 12 Dec 2010
- 12 Mar 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!