2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a real Dutch classic. Simple to prepare and really delicious! It's soft, almost cheesy in texture and has a rich butter taste.
100g fresh unsalted butter
70g white caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
100g plain flour
Extra time:1hr cooling ›
- preheat your oven to 230 C / Gas 7.
- Put the butter in a large bowl and mix until the butter is easy to mold.
- Add caster sugar, salt, egg and lemon zest and mix.
- Add flour and gently mix it in with the other ingredients and form the dough into a ball.
- Use a baking tin with a inside diameter of 13 to 16cm. Take the dough ball and gently press it down the baking tin with a flat hand.
- Brush a little egg on top and make a tartan motive using a fork.
- Put in the hot oven and bake it for around 15 minutes until the surface has a golden colour.
- Cool it down for at least 1 hour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate