Extra time:30min chilling ›
- Place chicken breast between two layers of cling film, and pound with a heavy object to flatten them. I used my pestle from my heavy stone mortar and pestle.
- Heat a ridged griddle pan. Use a silicon pastry brush to oil the pan.
- Season both sides of chicken with chicken seasoning, sage and basil (or other seasonings of your choice). Season by lifting cling film and sprinkling seasoning over, replacing cling film, then massaging the seasoning into the chicken. Flip over chicken and repeat on other side.
- Add chicken to pan, moving as little as possible to get the nice grill marks on the flesh. Turn just once if possible.
- Remove chicken from pan and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to salad bowl and combine, use more or less mayonnaise to get the result you desire, add at least enough mayonnaise to combine ingredients together.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating.
You could use left over chicken from BBQ or roast instead of preparing as above, making it a no cook recipe.
Goes well with spicy wedges.
Use my mustard mayonnaise recipe on this site or your favourite mayonnaise as it is or with a teaspoon or more of mustard added.
Can be the main dish of a meal in which case it will serve 3 or as a side salad in which case it will serve 6.