1 / 1 Picture by:
Banoffee Ice Cream
- 1.75L single cream
- 500ml double cream
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g dried banana slices, roughly chopped
- 12 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g grated plain chocolate (optional)
- 1 (397g) tin caramel
Prep:45min › Ready in:45min
- Combine single cream, double cream, sugar, vanilla and salt in freezer container of an ice cream maker. Churn mixture until soft but not completely frozen, 15 to 20 minutes (depending on your maker).
- Stir in banana slices, crushed biscuits and chocolate, if using, then freeze completely.
- Remove from ice cream maker and stir caramel through to create a ripple effect (ie don't stir too much; you want to see streaks of caramel throughout). Transfer to a plastic container and freeze till serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!