Chinese-Inspired Pork Fillet
- 1.25kg (3 lb) whole pork fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced root ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch Chinese five spice powder
Prep:5min › Cook:35min › Ready in:40min
- Place pork fillets in a shallow glass dish. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, black bean sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and five-spice powder. Pour marinade over pork, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Remove fillets from refrigerator while the oven preheats.
- Bake pork in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or to desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes, and then slice diagonally into thin slices.
I had to adapt slightly due to the ingredients I had, ie Sharwoods yellow bean and chilli sauce instead of Black bean sauce,and Hoisin and spring onion sauce instead of plain hoisin sauce, and I added 1 tsp 5 spice powder not a pinch, but it was absolutely delicious.I used these quantities for 1lb fillet not 3, but there probably would just have been enough without basting for 3. Will definitely use again. - 10 Jul 2011