Serves : 8
- 1 cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 large pot double cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- garlic to taste
- basil to taste
- mixed herbs to taste
- 400g pasta sauce of your choice
- 250ml red wine
- 2 boxes cannelloni
- 250ml water
- 500g mozzarella cheese
Prep:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 / 160 C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, cream, onion, celery, mushrooms, carrot, pepper, garlic, herbs and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix the pasta sauce and wine together.
- Now the fun part - get the kids involved they will love it! Stuff the cannelloni shells with the chicken mix.
- In a large dish, place 1 layer of stuffed cannelloni shells. Pour over water and half of the pasta sauce mix. Add another layer of cannelloni shells pour over remaining sauce mix.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover the dish with foil. Cook for 40 minutes or until the cannelloni is soft.
- I like to uncover the dish for the last 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Serve with salad or chips or just by itself.
Really enjoyed this first time iv tried doing my own cannelloni. I halved the recipe and ommited the wine. The only complaint I had from the family was that some of the pasta wasnt quiet cooked so in my books it's a winner I just need to practice a bit more. At least I have a new way to use up left over chicken - 17 Mar 2013