Moist Banana Cake
20 people made this
About this recipe:
This simple cake can be as decadent as you want to make it. It's delicious as is, but if you're feeling adventurous, why not add sultanas or walnuts and a cream cheese icing?
Makes: 1 cake
200g caster sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
190g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
4 tablespoons milk
ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line a cake tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar in bowl; add the egg, then add bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, then add bicarbonate of soda dissolved in the milk.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour into cake tin and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- 11 Jul 2015
well worth making, followed the recipe to the letter and it came out perfect, all the lasses at work loved it too, they're my unofficial tasters x
- 07 Jul 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate