6 people made this
About this recipe:
This shortbread isn't just tasty, but it's also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan-friendly! If you're allergic to nuts, simply omit the hazelnuts.
250g dairy-free margarine
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
280g gluten-free plain flour
4 tablespoons ground rice or rice flour
60g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Cream together margarine, vanilla and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours and then add to the creamed mixture. Stir until combined. Add hazelnuts at this stage, if using.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth. Press into a lined baking tin and cut into squares.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from oven and re-cut the squares whilst hot. Cool in tin. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate