1 / 1
2 people made this
About this recipe:
These shortbread biscuits are buttery and oh-so-moreish. They are inscribed with feel-good words, which will inspire you throughout the day. Enjoy with a mug of tea.
125g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
350g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream together butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift in flour and baking powder; mix.
- Roll shortbread dough into a long roll and slice. Flatten only slightly.
- Then with a butter knife carve into each piece feel good words, such as love, joy or harmony.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until top begins to colour.
- After they are baked, if you wish for the words to stand out, with a fine brush, 'paint' colour into the carved words using food colouring.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate