1 / 1
3 people made this
About this recipe:
The classic Indian dish made with goat. It's the homemade curry paste that makes this curry stand out from the rest. Serve over freshly cooked rice and naan bread, if desired.
2kg diced goat meat
90g light margarine
3 large onions, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons ginger paste
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons garam marsala
2 teaspoons curry powder
500g Greek-style yoghurt
85g tomato puree
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons chicken soup mix (or 2 teaspoons chicken stock granules)
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat margarine in a large saucepan.
- Brown meat in small batches and set aside.
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, garam marsala, curry powder and chili powder in a liquidiser. Puree on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour puree into pan that meat has been cooked in.
- Cook stirring until mixture becomes very thick and dry.
- Add yoghurt, water, chicken stock, salt, pepper, lime juice and tomato puree.
- Stir until combined, return meat to pan. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 1 hour. Remove lid and cook on high simmer for 30 minutes
Write a review
Click on stars to rate