4 people made this
About this recipe:
These gluten-free biscuits are the perfect treat for anytime of the day. Coffee biscuits are dotted with white and dark chocolate buttons.
50g caster sugar
75g dark brown soft sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
165g rice flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
100g white chocolate buttons
100g dark chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together butter, white sugar and dark brown soft sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in egg and vanilla extract. It may curdle slightly, but that is normal.
- Sift in rice flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder, mix well. Stir in instant coffee.
- Gently fold in chocolate buttons.
- Spoon mixture onto baking trays, allowing plenty of room for biscuits to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool fully.
YUMMY!!!! I made these last night and they are so easy to make and taste great. Hope you post more gluten free recipies soon.
- 22 Jun 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate