Creamy Chicken and Prawn Fettucine
5 people made this
About this recipe:
This elegant and tasty pasta dish is quick and easy to make. Fettucine is served with chicken, prawns and cherry tomatoes in a lightly spiced cream sauce.
650g egg fettuccine
1kg prawns, tails left on
250g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into large strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 sprig rosemary
1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
250ml single cream
1 tablespoon vegetable stock granules
1 tablespoon cornflour
cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet's instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with oil over medium heat. Fry chicken until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Add prawns and cook until they turn semi-pink. Add cooked chicken and garlic, stir well whilst cooking. Add single cream and let simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable stock with cornflour and just enough water to make a smooth paste. Pour into the pan whilst constantly stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, rosemary and chilli. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with cracked pepper.
- Serve sauce with pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate