Slow Cooker Curry
- 500g beef (or chicken), cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt to taste
- For the Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 small cardamom pods, seeds only
- 2 whole cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sliced onion, coriander, ginger and green chillies for garnish (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:5hr › Ready in:5hr10min
- Take a slow cooker and heat oil. Fry the meat a little.
- Mix in salt, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, pepper and ginger paste. Pour in a little water. Mix flour in 125ml water. Add this mixture to the meat and boil it.
- Grind all the spice mix to a very fine powder. Add this to the meat.
- Add 750ml to 1 litre water, cover and leave it to tenderise over very low heat.
- It will take about 5-6 hours for chicken and more if using beef.
- Fry some sliced onions in oil until golden brown. Garnish dish with onions, fresh coriander, ginger and green chillies. Serve.
far too much water for the slow cooker. Was very watery sauce. Spicing was nice though. So if cook again will just barely cover meat and hopefully that will make a good flavour. - 07 May 2013