1 / 1 Picture by: malcolmjryan
Chinese Roast Duck Legs
- 4 duck legs
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 handful whole star anise pods
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 fresh chillies, seeded and sliced
- 12 plums, seeded and halved
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 4 pears, quartered
Prep:30min › Cook:2hr › Extra time:1day marinating › Ready in:1day2hr30min
- In a large freezer bag, mix together the soy sauce, olive oil, cinnamon stick, star anise pods and five-spice powder. Add the duck legs and refrigerate for 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Place the chillies, plums, pears and sugar into casserole dish. Pour over the duck marinade and place duck legs on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is falling off the bone. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce, if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
Very tasty - some very strong flavours - I think I may have overdone the star anise! - 19 Apr 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!