1 / 1
7 people made this
About this recipe:
This tiramisu is a little different from the average tiramisu. It uses mascarpone, fresh vanilla custard and whipped cream as its base. It's creamy, rich and delicious.
250g savoiardi (lady fingers) biscuits
475ml strong coffee
4 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
200g mascarpone cheese
200g fresh vanilla custard
150ml whipped cream
finely chopped plain chocolate, as needed
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
coffee beans to garnish
Extra time:6hr setting ›
- Mix amaretto with strong coffee, stir well. Set aside.
- Beat together mascarpone and custard. Add the whipped cream and beat well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and instant coffee powder. Set aside.
- Using 1/2 of the biscuits for the first layer. Lay biscuits in the bottom of a 20x20cm or similar sized dish. Drizzle with coffee/amaretto.
- Spread 1/2 mascarpone mix over the soaked biscuits and dust with 1/2 of the cocoa mixture.
- Dip the remaining biscuits in the coffee/amaretto and form another layer.
- Top with the remaining mascarpone mix and dust with cocoa mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped plain chocolate over the top and decorate with coffee beans.
- Chill for several hours to allow the tiramisu to set.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate