Perfect plain scones
- 375g self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 80g butter
- 250ml milk
- self-raising flour, for dusting
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven 220 C / Gas 7. Dust a baking tray with self-raising flour.
- Sieve flour into medium bowl, add caster sugar. Using your fingertips, rub butter into the mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk. Use a blunt knife to mix until dough begins to come together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together.
- Flatten dough with palm of your hand until about 2cm thick. Use a 5cm round cutter or a drinking glass to cut out your scones. Place onto prepared baking tray 1cm apart. Brush with leftover milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with jam and cream.
this recipe was easy to make and delicious definitely a recipe to keep thankyou - 02 Sep 2012
lovely scones and very simple recipe to follow. I've never made scones before and was pleased with my first attempt. Thanks for sharing this recipe. - 02 Apr 2013
really pleased with how they came out very easy to make thank you - 19 Sep 2011