1 / 1 Picture by: JONESCLAN
Italian Easter Rice Pie
Serves : 8
- 9 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 900g ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 475ml whipping cream
- 160g cooked white rice
- 1 (432g) tin pineapple slices, drained and pulsed in a food processor until chopped
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:5hr15min
- Beat eggs in very large bowl. Add sugar, mixing well. Stir in cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add whipping cream and stir. Fold in cooked rice and pineapple.
- Pour into a 23x33cm or similar sized buttered dish.
- Bake at 170 C / Gas 3 for one hour. Check by inserting clean knife into centre. If the pie is done, knife will come out clean. Top should be golden brown. Refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!