1 / 1 Picture by:
Minced Mutton Kheema
- 500g mutton or lamb mince
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste, freshly ground
- chilli powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon shahjeera or caraway seeds
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 or 2 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- salt to taste
- freshly chopped coriander
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr15min
- Place half of the ginger, garlic and chilli powder in a bowl. Mix in the mutton mince and marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat; add cardmon pods, cloves, cinamon and caraway seeds. Stir well, then add onion, remaining ginger and garlic paste, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add the mutton and cook for 5-10 minutes to brown the meat. Add chopped tomatoes, garam masala powder and salt, to taste. Simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and add some yogurt and fresh coriander leaves before serving. Serve hot with chapatis or naan.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!