1 / 1 Picture by: TheBritishBaker
Pumpkin and Walnut Bread
- 110g margarine
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 75g chopped pitted dates
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease one 23x13cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and 1 egg. Beat in second egg until smooth. Mix in pumpkin puree, orange zest and juice.
- In another bowl, measure and stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nuts and dates. Pour all at once into batter in mixing bowl. Stir only to moisten. Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin 10 minutes. Remove loaf from tin to rack. Cool and wrap.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!