Easy Gingerbread Men
Makes: 10 gingerbread men
- 110g margarine
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 405g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 275g black treacle
- 4 tablespoons water
Prep:20min › Cook:12min › Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr32min
- Cream margarine and sugar. Sift flour with salt, bicarbonate of soda and spices. Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with treacle and water. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Roll dough to 5mm thick. Cut with large 15 to 20cm gingerbread men cookie cutters. Lift onto lightly greased baking tray with broad fish slice.
- Bake above oven centre for about 12 minutes or until biscuits spring back lightly in centre. Do not overcook, they won't stay soft. Remove from trays. Cool on wire racks.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Perfect gingerbread biscuits
Check out our guide to Perfect gingerbread biscuits for tried-and-tested tips to make gingerbread biscuit baking fun and easy!
Watch our How to make gingerbread men video to see how to make perfect gingerbread biscuits every time!
Unfortunatley has not worked out well for me. They just tasted of black treacle, not of ginger at all, hey wer so bitter they went straight in the bin. - 15 Aug 2012
This is a terrible recipe... The worst gingerbread cookies I have ever made. Too much treacle definately. - 22 Dec 2013
I made these for my kids and they loved them....i rather liked them too!lol! - 14 Jun 2012