1 / 1
12 people made this
About this recipe:
A traditional Greek dish with a twist. I call it Naughty Moussaka because of the cream in the topping.
2 large aubergines
salt and black pepper to taste
1 large onion, sliced
500g lamb mince
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
1 lamb stock cube dissolved in 300ml water
250ml single cream
100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Slice aubergines into a colander, salt well, and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well, drain and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Place aubergine slices on a non-stick tray, brush with olive oil, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.
- Fry the onion in olive oil, add the mince, and cook until brown.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, pepper, cinnamon, tomatoes and stock, and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a casserole dish, place a layer of aubergines, then a layer of mince mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a jug, combine eggs and cream and whisk well.
- Sprinkle 50g of cheese on top of mince mixture, add the rest of the cheese to egg mixture and stir well. Pour the egg mixture on top of the mince.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 minutes, until the top is browned and set. Serve with salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate