Gazpacho Pasta Salad
- 225g (8 oz) fusilli pasta
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chilli, seeded and minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 175ml (6 fl oz) tomato juice
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Cook fusilli according to package instructions; drain.
- In large bowl combine pasta, onion, green pepper, jalapeño, tomatoes, cucumber, oil, salt, garlic, lime juice, black pepper and tomato juice. Toss well and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. Toss again before serving.
Can't find fresh jalapeños? Use jarred, or simply a fresh green chilli.
Took shortcuts. This was fantastic. I substituted a jar of salsa for the tomatoes, tomato juice, jalapeno and pepper. - 15 Sep 2008
Something else. I was looking for a change from the usual mayo based salads and decided on this since we love Gazpacho soup. From past experience I cut the amount of jalapeno which we believe to be a wise decision. I also used V8 juice and that gave it more of a taste. I used more juice than called for as experience has taught pasta absorbs liquid and with the amount given it was going to really soak in. Finally I added a touch more salt as that balances the lime a bit better, and added fresh chopped basil, flat leaf parsley and coriander. This passed the 'husband review' with flying colours! - 15 Sep 2008
- 13 Jan 2012