1 / 1 Picture by: tonytsang
Makes: 10 - 12 fish cakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 recipe white fish paste
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 (225g) tin water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil for frying
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add the onion and salt; cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the fish paste, spring onion, water chestnuts, sesame oil, salt, pepper and cornflour. Mix well, stirring in one direction only.
- Divide the fish mixture into 10-12 equal sized balls (use spoons or wet hands). Coat each with cornflour, then dip into the egg.
- Heat a deep pan with oil to medium heat. Fry the fish cakes until evenly browned on all sides and cooked all the way through, about 3-5 minutes.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!