1 / 1 Picture by: PARKER71
Banana Strawberry Trifle
- 10-12 sponge fingers
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 sachet custard powder
- 250ml milk, or as needed
- 300g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- sugar (optional)
- 200g cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a few strawberries for decoration
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hr soaking › Ready in:1hr40min
- Line the bottom of a trifle bowl with sponge fingers and drizzle 3 tablespoons of sherry over them. Leave to stand for an hour so that the fingers can soak up the sherry.
- Prepare the custard with the milk according to the instructions on the packet and leave to cool.
- Soak the chopped fruit in the rest of the sherry, add sugar if desired and spread over the sponge fingers.
- Pour the cold custard over the fruit.
- Finally, beat the cream with the vanilla and top the trifle with it. Decorate with the reserved strawberries. Chill until serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!