- 500g (1 1/4 lb) beef mince
- 1 tablespoon low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 dessertspoon dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100g (4 oz) feta cheese
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat barbecue for indirect heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together mince, yoghurt, thyme and salt and pepper. Form meat into 8 thin patties, about 5cm (2 in) in diameter.
- Cut the cheese into 4 slices. Place one cheese slice between two patties, and seal the edges. Repeat with remaining patties and cheese slices. Set bifteki aside.
- Brush cooking grate with oil, and arrange bifteki on hot grate. Cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Want to stretch your pound? Do as they do in Greece and mix the mince with an equal amount of moist bread. This will stretch the recipe, and your pound, and also make for a deliciously moist burger.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Amazing! A hit with the housemate, very tasty and great for low carbers too :-) - 11 Apr 2011