Linguine alla Greca
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 (500g) pack linguine pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (250g) punnets mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 (200g) pack feta cheese, crumbled
- handful pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Plunge whole tomatoes in water briefly, until skin starts to peel. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in cold water. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking peel blanched tomatoes and chop.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms begin to give up their juices. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce, feta and olives. Serve immediately.
This is also delicious with penne.
Used different ingredients. I made this for dinner tonight, as a side with steak, and we found it very tasty. It might have been even better if I had remembered to add the oregano, but truthfully I didn't miss it. I only realised that it was missing when I came to do this review. I used Portabello mushrooms and since I was out of olive oil I used a bit of saflower oil and a bit of butter for the sauce. Thank you Mary for a lovely dish. Next time I will make sure I have all the right ingredients on hand and that I add them all. LOL.. - 15 Sep 2008
Took shortcuts. This recipe was amazing. My whole family loved it. I added in the black olives with the garlic and mushrooms to saute. I also didn't blanch the tomatoes, and they turned out great. I just chopped them up and added them to the saute pan for the last few minutes. Then sprinked with feta when done. Yummy!! Will make again. - 15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. this was very tasty and had an authentic mediterranean taste to it. I thought the sauce needed a little spice though and added tabasco and some cayenne pepper. I used tinned tomatoes which worked fine. we'll definitely make this again - 15 Sep 2008